Laboratory Analyst II
Summary of Job Duties:
Under minimal supervision, inspect and test raw materials, finished goods and other materials as needed. Implement new methods in QC. Perform team leadership tasks; including coordination of testing, procedural guidance and specific task training of QC staff, test data review and approval - applying specification, statistical requirements and procedural verifications - and basic troubleshooting / routine maintenance of lab testing equipment.
Specific Job Duties:
- Perform a variety of routine and specialized laboratory analyses for a wide range of raw materials and finished goods.
- Train laboratory staff on analytical procedures and processes, including documenting and reporting progress.
- Utilize training and experience to perform advanced analytical testing and method development as needed.
- Review analytical test results and data ( both in and out of house data ) and become in-house certified to recommend dispositions for materials. Participate in out of specification investigations ( OSI’s ) and recommend / execute improvements.
- Assist lab management with coordination and execution of special tasks, investigations and projects ( inter and intradepartmental ), including GMP compliance and instrumentation selections and purchases.
- Assist with other duties in Quality Control, including complaint investigations, inspection of finished goods, compiling test results, data entry and other related duties.
- Write reports and memos, SOPs, and laboratory procedures relating to job duties.
- Participate as a fully engaged member of a high performance, self directed work team to achieve department and company goals. Including, team motivation, morale maintenance, communication of job expectations and performance goals, and relationship building with all Threshold team members.
- Perform initial procedures on troubleshooting/repairing and maintaining analytical instrumentation.
- Participate in the maintenance of supply needs list and order supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, experience based.
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds.
- 20/20 or corrected vision.
- College degree in a major science field or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of applied experience in an industrial oracademic chemistry or biological laboratory.
- At least 1 year of applied experience in HPLC, TLC, FTIR, UV-VIS, or GC, GC-MS, ICP / ICP MS or LC-MS instrumental analyses.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- 2-5 years experience in analytical laboratory using HPLC, FTIR, UV-Vis spectrophotometric, microbiological, and general analytical laboratory techniques.
- Experience in a dietary supplement / GMP environment.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available at 23 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relations